Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Gimme My Throne, Ya Bitch!

Two quickies for Shai at Incyanity.

I kind of failed. XD

Let's see... the first one is of Zai'al the High Priestess of Madora. She's very ambitious, manipulative, and arrogant. But she's very intriguing.
Looking at this pose, I noticed how familiar it was. Then I realized: It's the same frickin' pose that I used for Pure's character  here. Totally unintentional! D:

The second is Zai'al and Daenan (with little dragonflies)!. This influenced the title. For those who have read all of the available chapters of "Heart of the Empire." this makes sense. :D Fun fact: I used to get these two mixed up (names). Shai had to correct me several times...Okay, it's a dumb fact. >.>

I love the story; I can't wait for more. Go read!





7 comments:

  1. It's okay to reuse a pose if it makes a good composition (which that one does), just don't use it for everything. XD

    And the second one is beautiful! I love how your illustrations are sometimes framed with fauna (and those "dragonflies" are adorable!) I need to take a lesson from you and realize there are ways to make a drawing look rich without trying to draw whole world behind them (and then giving up and going for a sucky simple gradient background. XD) Gorgeous~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? The flora frame is sometimes an easy way out for me. *cough* (I love doing them though) XD

    I need to learn how to do backgrounds. Let's switch!

    <3 Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But my backgrounds usually end up simple or sucky! D: So if you want to take some of my skills, you'll probably want to wait till I'm better at it. XD

    You're welcome! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the second one! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally diggin' that second one. So much detail. Such wonderfully filled space. Augh! Super awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The floral seems to be the popular one. Hmmmm, I may do more of those when I draw gifts for people. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. So like, almost six years after this was posted, I just come across it because the entry URL came up in my site's referrers. :s

    I don't think I ever got to see these sketches before! HOTE has been on hiatus for a while now but I've recently felt it nibbling at me and want to get back to it.

    I'll post these sketches in the HOTE gift gallery, if that's all right. :D Thank you!

    ReplyDelete