Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Underpaintings!

Wow, looks as if I've been slacking. I've been drawing, but scanning is slow (V-Day stuff is still in the works, loves).
I've been productive, however. It has been mainly for class, but hey, it's still a "product."

For homework, we're supposed to pick an object, animate or inanimate, that has special meaning to us, and form something similar to a triptych. I chose my dog(s) because animals are awesome.
These are all 18x24. The third one will have little photos of dogs who have passed on; I just haven't sketched them out yet. XD And that dog bowl will have flowers in it, like a memorial.
Forgive the sucky camera pictures. You may not be able to tell what's what. D:


 
TIME TO SCREW 'EM UP! Woot!

If y'all are interested in some of my other paintings, I can post those too. >.> They're not very good because I just haven't been successful with the medium.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand a little sketch (from my dA scraps) of my Puella Magi OCs. Very much a WIP:

3 comments:

  1. That's a really sweet concept for a series of paintings. When I was little, I used to have a sort of shrine to my dead pets. I had a little shoebox I covered in gold wrapping paper and cut-out metallic origami paper and I would put Polaroid photos and stray hairs and unused treats in there. I would have loved a triptych to put on my little shrine. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. That actually sounds pretty cool. :3 It's nice to read/hear about others who treat their pets as something more than just, well, a pet.

    I hope those treats didn't attract a bunch of bugs! o.O

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I know which class that is for! O: The underpaintings (particularly the first one and its good figure drawing) look good so far, so please keep us updated on the status of this project! ^^ (Meh, I suck at painting and have difficulty with it, too, but I bet you're a lot better than I am. XD)

    I like the Norse on the far left's design (she's the same one from the first sketch, right?) She's got some very nice curves. <3 Just watch out with the ankles in your drawings, as they don't seem very supportive.

    ReplyDelete