Monday, October 24, 2011

The Entertainment is Lined Up

I've heard Florence + the Machine's "Ceremonials" and it's fabulous! Now if only Happy Rhodes, Emilie Autumn and Kate Bush would release something new, I'll be a very happy bunny.

+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+

Ever since finding a British torrent site, I've discovered lots of awesome shows and movies that we Americans are missing out on. Other than the boatload of Tennant and Simm work (and DW-universe goodies), I've queued up intriguing things like The Fades, The Misfits, Merlin, Hidden, The Mighty Boosh, and numerous documentaries. (C'mon, Mad Dogs and Sherlock! I need y'all!)

For Americana, I'm keeping up with The Big Bang Theory, Community, The Walking Dead, The Office, Modern Family, and Glee (which I'll probably give up on soon). I've recently tried Suburgatory; dunno if I like it yet.
Still need to watch Adventure Time.

Anime: Le Chevalier D'Eon, and that's all. Heh.

So yeah, lots of stuff to keep me occupied while doing school work. >.> I don't have anything to post yet. Well, I do, but I haven't scanned/taken pictures. 8D That includes Nicolina, Derrot. :P
I want to do something for Miss Enkai and her Sailor Haumea.(Who totally deserved to win) Don't know what to draw/how to draw her though.

5 comments:

  1. That album sounded good, great mood music~ It really sticks out (in a good way) among all the dance type music lately. My favorites would be "Shake it Out" and "Breaking Down." Is it just me, or did I hear a TARDIS in "Never Let Me Go" ? (I did listen to the rest of the album! But for some reason, I only found those two really catchy. XD)

    Woooaaaah, you have a lot of stuff to keep up with! D: I haven't even been able to keep up with the stuff I'm currently "watching."

    I'm sure you can come up with a cool action pose for Sailor Haumea. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I liked more songs on this album than on her first one XD (I only liked like....3? of the songs featured there.) Definitely going to borrow it from the library :D

    You should check out 'Allo, 'Allo and New Tricks. C: Both pretty hilarious (and the latter is not really what you think initially 8D) Adventure Time is pretty awesome -- I hated it because initially it looked like more CN schlock but I was proven wrong. Gumball is cool too :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Derrot: I figured you'd like the upbeat songs. :P (Too bad you can't dance and drive at the same time; "Shake It Out" makes me want to do that) I didn't notice any TARDIS-esque sounds; re-listen time?

    Most of those shows are weekly, so they're not too hard to keep up with (and they're set to record on the DVR).

    I have a close-up in mind for Haumea, with a detailed border. Hopefully, it comes out nice. >.>

    Jadine: She's an acquired taste. It took me a few listens before I enjoyed "Lungs," but the lyrics are what attract me most. :3
    Yes, make use of those libraries! Must keep them in business! (Curiosity here: are your area's libraries hurting? Ours sure are)

    And thanks for the suggestions. They shall go on ZEE LIST! (Big list)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm that predictable, huh? XD It could just be my mind playing tricks on me with the TARDIS sound. I thought I heard a TARDIS in my neighborhood, but it was just a guy working on his truck. Unless he was The Doctor in disguise. o__o

    My mom sets stuff up on the DVR for me every week and I have yet to watch most of it. So I get further and further behind. In reality, it seems I only watch about 2-3 hours of television or video a week (counting online shows like Nostalgia Critic or Crunchyroll and Hulu, but not music videos or YouTube clips, since it's hard to track the exact time of that, since it varies from week to week.) O:

    The concept sounds good... get started on it! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, the lyrics were why I decided to keep listening to the first album :) And I don't think our libraries are suffering so as much trying to convince some level of local government that they need to keep constructing the new part of the library. I still can't quite understand it but hey, this library's done more for me in 6 yrs than Puerto Rico's have done for me in my entire life so I of course support this new thing :) http://amespubliclibrary.org/building.asp // http://ames.patch.com/articles/ames-voters-to-decide-on-18-bond-project-for-20-million-library-renovation-and-addition#photo-8233479

    ReplyDelete