Saturday, October 8, 2011

Weekly Update

Okay, first of all: "The Wedding of River Song." Or really, just the character River Song herself. Her "relationship" with the Doc bothers me. I must have been asleep throughout S5 and 6 because I just don't see the love between them. At first, I was intrigued and wanted to see their romance develop after watching "Flesh and Stone," but I don't think it did. Sure, they flirt, but it seems forced and something that two buddies would do just to goof off, so I can't really ship them. I don't recall the Doc being affectionate with River, and even acted like he was being mouth-raped when she kissed him in "Day of the Moon." He shows more love towards Amy, and even Rory, and I swear they are something of a threesome, because well, DAMN. Just watch them together. XD And then there was Craig. So, yeah.
 He seems bitchy towards River and even screams at her sometimes (like when they were dealing with the Weeping Angels), and when he met her in his tenth incarnation, he looked a bit bothered and creeped out by her. ("Silence in the Library"/"Forest of the Dead") So, where's the chemistry that people keep claiming they see?
River comes off more as a stalker who is obsessed with the Doc because that's all she knew when being brainwashed, and her attitude that she loves him more than anyone else is kind of a turn-off (but I do have to admit that Kingston was gorgeous during that scene. Alex is a fox anyway).
Also, did they really get married (especially since that timeline disappeared, and it was a robot Doc)? He seemed to marry her out of necessity rather than with any sort of loving feeling.
And that line that they share nights together creeped me out. XD I guess because I consider him somewhat asexual, but he's also so childlike. So, ew. D:
 (from Tumblr-I love who made this)
Someone else described River perfectly for me: "She was an independent woman who we find out is actually utterly dependent on the Doctor for every direction her life has gone. She also now seems to be someone who loves him only because she doesn't actually know any other way, which makes the relationship feel forced. They feel like they're going through the motions because that's what the script says they're supposed to be doing."
Yup. I still like her somewhat (she was awesome at the end of Closing Time-very emotional), but I'm not emotionally-invested in this relationship, since there's not much to go on. ._.; Marathon-viewing of S5/6 time maybe?
Maybe there's hope for them yet, but I think that after two seasons, it shouldn't feel this forced at this point in time.
Well, anyway! Here's to the Christmas special later this year. And Sherlock S2 early next year. And Mad Dogs S2 also. Can't wait. :3

/rantbabble
+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+
Junky junk:

Graphite Nick-not done (and the camera angle makes things look off)


Two versions (flash/no flash) of Conte crayon dust figure-that was fun




Facial features from our anatomy book


Quickie of Homura and 11 chapter cover idea-not done, of course. XD


Quickie of Doctor/Master (with cockatoo and penguin plushies :3) I thought that I would be used to Simm's face by now, but he's a hard bastard to draw (and I take that as a challenge, dammit!) because he's so ordinary and I can't latch onto just one feature (other than his freakishly long neck). The nose should be shorter, and his face should be slanted inward more, but eh, it's okay. 8D Line!Dave came out alright, but he's too easy. (I hope I didn't just jinx myself by writing that)



Profiles alone:




I do love shading clothes.

And because I thought it was amusing: Flirting between Doc/Master and why you shouldn't perform a cockblock. 8D

And this was funny too.

Oh, and Nash is awesome.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't really see the chemistry either. XD And the recording had an issue at one point, so I'm not sure what I missed, so I also didn't understand if they literally got married. >_> That whole episode was pretty hard to watch, though. I was already tired (and it was hard to hear a lot of it, because there was so much low speaking), and my mom fell asleep watching it. XDDDD I wonder what all the ten year old boys thought? O: (Since, well, isn't Doctor Who targeted at them?)

    I want The Doctor to have a new set of companions. Rory is okay, but I'm really not fond of Amy and River. >_>

    I like the richness of the conte drawing! It looks so much better without the flash~

    Haha, Fez. XDD <33

    The Doctor and Master look so realistic in the top drawing! All those heads for Drawing are really paying off!

    And awwwww, Cockatoo/Penguin love~ <333

    Bwahahaha, that Flash cartoon was AWESOME. I had to watch it tons of times to enjoy every bit of it. Very creative use of rainbows in the Doctor Who context. XDDDD And Captain Jack is so awesome. 8D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a bit convoluted, even for a finale. Oh dear, was she that bored by it to fall asleep? XD *sigh* I dunno if they're really married, but River is going to stay anyway and still be considered the love of the Doc's life, which I have issues with at this point, but eh. We'll see what happens.

    Moffat has said that a new companion will be in S7. YAY! Hopefully, he/she will not be related to the Ponds in any way, or I just might scream. (And why do Amy and River bother you, if you don't mind my nosiness?)

    Can't leave that precious Fez out. :P Homura might snatch it at one point. *imagines grumpy!Hom with one*

    Thanks. :3 I like how they came out, but I'm not completely pleased (hard critic here, I guess). They still don't look like the actors and GAH blahblahblah. Curse y'all's faces, ya bastards! Still fun though. (And I love the scene I referenced from <3)

    That sort of romance might be painful. The penguin might squish the little cockatoo. D: *weird comic ideas start to formulate*

    I'm a bit surprised that RTD's era doesn't literally shine with rainbows. ._.; It's so...homoerotic. XD *goes to watch cartoon again* If you want more Jack, try to catch Torchwood. I can't recommend it myself since I have yet to see it (but soon!), but I hear the first two seasons are goofy and fun and the third is pretty dark, but nice. The fourth...well, I've heard a lot about gay sex and giant vaginas. ._.;

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, I even just confirmed it with her. XD I probably could have stood the heavy dialogue if I had been listening out of my headphones instead of watching it on TV. I couldn't understand half what was said because the air conditioning was over-powering their hushed voices. >_>

    Yay! New companion! I just find Amy boring all the time and I was finding River boring in that last episode. (But River's the lesser of the two borings. But again, maybe it's just because I didn't hear half of what she said. At least she acts cool. Amy is "deer in the headlights" most of the time. XD) Two things I look for in a character is 1.) intellect and 2.) strength of personality and I can forgive the former if they have a lot of the latter (because at least they are fun.) Amy had neither of those traits in my eyes. (She was a DAPHNE!) Rose was pretty dry on both, too, but had enough #2 to make the cut. Donna especially (my favorite female companion so far) had #2 and Martha had #1. Jack has both which makes him totally awesome. He should be the "new" companion. If they need a female, toss him in drag, he seems comfortable in it. 8D

    I always thought penguins and cockatoos were somewhat the same size? O: (Oh gosh, you mean SCARY comic idea. XDD)

    I want to watch Torchwood sometime. I just told my mom and she said she's seen it and the episode she watched was boring. D: Then again, our tastes in humor are somewhat different, so I don't know. I'll give it a try sometime... especially an episode from the first two seasons if they are as fun as you think. XD

    ReplyDelete