Saturday, August 17, 2013

DAT FACE!

Started/attempted portraiture again.


First is the lovely Mads Mikkelsen as the good Dr. Lecter, done with Faber-Castell graphite on 11x14in. Bristol. (No flash. I kept getting a big glare when I had it on)

Thank you to Derrot for encouraging me to not give up. <3 I may fiddle with this some more before putting it on dA. I could shade the thing completely, but I don't want to to risk screwing it up, especially since it's my first decent "portrait" in awhile. Just kept it simple (with mistakes, but hey. It's okay!). I'll probably do a lot more shading on the next drawing of him. :3



Currently blocking in another pic of him. Same actor, different, um, character? Eh, it's from some sort of photoshoot. I just really like his look and the crown he wears in the photo. (It'll make sense later.) Very Game of Thrones.
I already see mistakes, but I'll fix them. I'm still measuring the facial features. This is gonna be a real difficult one, but you'll keep my spirits up, right, Der/peeps? 8D

I'll probably end up drawing more of him because I adore his bone structure. >.>


Blocking-in of Lara Jean Chorostecki as Freddie Lounds (done very lightly). Haven't decided if this will be another regular graphite portrait or if I'll attempt colored pencil. She has some delicious red curls and I just want to capture them. YUM!
More sharp cheekbones to play with! YAY!


And another WIP of Roz.

Close-up of face

Close-up of hand and pomegranate


Yay? 8D

Also, before I forget: here's that Geico owl commercial, Der!

1 comment:

  1. You've been so productive lately! I hope you've been able to keep it up. *hugs* I know I haven't been doing as much art as I should, so I feel like a hypocritical cheerleader again. ;_;

    That portrait looks awesome! You've captured so much detail... kudos to your patience. :) And you're thinking of coloring the third one?? You're a brave soul. Or a masochist. Probably both.

    Roz looks great! The hands aren't as bad as you say, they just need a little more length in the meat and a shorter pinky. The texture and shading is looking good, the necklace really pops out from the graphite. One suggestion is to deepen the shadows in the folds of her shirt, since the ink looks too abrupt for something close to the same distance away.

    I love her hair texture, though! I want to get my hair layered again sometime, but not cut as short as usual. Though short layered hair looks so fluffy, as Roz's does!

    ReplyDelete