Friday, August 9, 2013

Wings 'n Things!

Remember those sketches I did for peeps at the end of last year, but never completed? Yeah, sorry. ._.; I haven't done much "arting" this year, due to my "episode" earlier this year, and work. But I think I'm getting better. Maybe. I look at those sketches now and go "ew." 8D

Refresh your memory? (Link to previous post)

Here are some more from that time period, and some from this year's beginning (but the "best" piece is the last one)
I'm using lots of quotation marks. I should stop doing that. >.>

I'll try to go in the order of when these were scribbled down.  I may revisit, or completely redo, these. But I don't like them so much now. >.>

First up, Maya from Brooke's FaLLEN! For some reason, the camera didn't want to focus on this one. o.O

 This was another pose/composition idea for Maya:

Wild's Sailor Astraea


 Derrot's Nicolina (and owl)- AAAAAH! So awkward. ._.;

Ayashi's Ezrae (get this novel edited! I want it! :D)

Bekuki's Lillian Armstrong (Why this file is called "hannah" I don't know. The hell?)

Another for Bekuki. This was meant to be a senshi.





Remember Ereshikigal? I still want to redo that picture, with a more dynamic composition. (Can you tell what is going on? No? Sorry. XD)

 An OC for Derrot's and my DW comic. Can you guess who it is, Der? Think LONG hair. We've discussed her! (Don't say the name. Spoilers, y'know?)


An idea for Rosalind:

Quickie of Bettie Page. Couldn't quite get the hang of her face. 8D Maybe because it's too small an area to work in? Ah well, I hope to get better at portraits since I'm sketching out actor faces now- Tennant, Matt Smith, Mads Mikkelsen, Lara Jean Chorostecki, Cumberbatch, etc. Fun fun!



 Misc ideas for bigger pictures: Cherry on a fence, Derrot's Gera and Pan falling from the sky (I want to do a companion piece with Benny and Jade), Neco from FaLLEN, and Sailor Garuda. All of these will hopefully be on large Bristol board.





Jadine's Muslim angel/Malakh. I really want to revisit this one and make it a proper picture- inked, shaded, everything.




Aaaaand, another WIP of my main Rosalind pic.
Y'know, I can't believe I didn't include a pomegranate! That's her main thing! (Or one of them.) Craparoonydoony.

It's okay. I'm a bit disappointed with how it's turning out though. Not the way I wanted it to look. Ah well.

Materials used
Background tentacle angel- Micron pen
Wings (on humanoid angel), clothes- Faber-Castell brush pens
Skin, hair- Faber-Castell graphite

WITH FLASH

NO FLASH



Till next time!



4 comments:

  1. AAAAHHHH *falls into abyss* Mah Malakh babeh ;_; You are so sweet, this was unexpected! *saves pic and caresses* And proper picture, oooooooh. ♥

    Ros is looking great :D So much hatchingggg! And of course, I cannot wait to see FaLLEN art <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this pic of Malakh, but the head is bad. I want to keep the pose and draw it again with pen and color. Do you have colors for her yet?
      But you're welcome. <3

      Roz should be done soon. Dunno when FaLLEN stuff will be done. I have Neco sketched out, sort of. >.> Dunno when I'll touch it again since I'm doing more portraits and finishing Aya's Secret. AAAAAAAAAAH, so much!

      Delete
    2. Ah, no I don't yet xD I'm thinking maybe red for her middle corset thing, maybe golden for her dress and everything else white but I'm holding off on that decision until I can see what those colors mean for that culture :P

      AAAHHH THAT'S MY LIFE RIGHT NOW XD Quick, make lists! *falls over*

      Delete
  2. Eeeee, I like the concept in the Gera and Pan sketch... if you're ever interested in going through with completing it on bristol board, I think it would turn out great!

    And Nicolina! (I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get to commenting on stuff. I don't have any excuse but being selfish. :( ) I think her pose is looking dynamic, but I think her raised leg could come out more toward the viewer to complete the effect. Same for the secret crossover character. Man, I need to get working on that crossover again with you~

    Now that leaning pose of Roz is awesome. The perspective and mood are great!

    All in all, some lovely lady figures~ keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete