Thursday, June 16, 2011

Mine n' Yours

I was sitting in the doctor's office today. Since I didn't have any reading material, besides textbooks(goody goody), I took out my sketch book and doodled.

The bottom one was done first, and is something of a mock-up for a "pretend" title page/poster for my side fic, "Rainbow in the Dark." I kind of gave up on it as you can see. 8D
RitD was going to be about my Sailor Asclepius (also known as Aeraellyth), and "her" story before the events in my main "Shangri-La" fic. It would also feature her "wife" (long story), Sailor Enlil, who is that skull-headed person at the bottom; "Sailor" Shangri-La, who is in the background reaching out; and the spirits of the other Messianics. Only two other Messianics have official designs besides Enlil: Sailors Hel and Rati-Kama (near the bottom, first one under Messianics). The other five were in the works, but didn't make it before I stopped doing otaku senshi. They're represented by those balls.
I'm a bit sad that the fic won't be written in full, but hey, the ideas are being incorporated into my Demiurge story, so it's not too much of a loss. I won't get rid of my notes for it either (I need them for Demi anyway). Other characters are also in the story, like Sailor Aquila and her gang, and the Norns, but they wouldn't fit. >.>
FYI: "Rainbow in the Dark" is a song by Dio. The chapters were also named after song titles. (Yay?)

The scribble at the top is of Wild's Hannah and Seamine, from Legend of the Rose. I love the story, and Wild knows it, since I bug her about it a lot. :P I read it in its initial incarnation, stayed a fan during its hiatus, and am eagerly awaiting its full rebirth.
I really enjoy the ideas Wild has (in general), and think she doesn't get enough art of her characters. She puts a lot of work into them, and is quite dedicated to her craft (just look at her gallery. It has something new almost every day).
I like how the doodle came out, despite its awkwardness. :3

4 comments:

  1. I like the compositions of both of these... I would really like to see a more polished version of your mock-up poster. :)

    The anatomy is pretty good on that top one! :O (The top face is just wonderful! <3 )

    I've heard of other people using song titles for chapters (I've even thought of using a song title for a main title, but didn't want to get sued XD) so yay. ^^ Are you going to be posting preview snippets of your Demiurge story? :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may do a bigger version of the poster. >.> I mainly stopped because I couldn't remember what her outfit looked like. (Isn't that bad?)

    Really? The legs look odd to me personally. XD Too long or somethin.' But I still like it. :3

    Brooke's Fallen(http://fallen-story.livejournal.com/) uses song titles too. I don't know if you can get sued for such a thing, but I might change the names anyway. >.> Can't be too safe. (But I still think the phrase fits her)

    I dunno if I'll post snippets. If any, I'll write a paragraph or some dialogue under a picture/scene I draw for it. Have I told you about Demiurge at all? XD All I have online is that About section on my site and some character drawings in that 100 character meme. (I need to finish that!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke asked once about legality with song titles and she's in the clear last time I checked. So I think you're fine :)

    The top one is great. I love how fluid it looks <3 And I would not mind seeing more of your Demiurge ;) (I've done a couple of sketches of mine, btw. I might post them later once I do one or two more).

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's not bad... I will sometimes leave a drawing unfinished because my references aren't with me for a character. And it makes me feel bad when I change parts of an outfit without meaning to (though I suppose it means we should draw our characters more? o___o )

    She does have pretty long legs, but I think the pose/perspective makes it look more stylistic than a mistake (like her legs have a stretched sensation from falling.) And if you want to see a real girl that looks like she's made of mostly legs just look at the girl in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNUtJr-SyMY . For size comparison, I'm roughly the height of the girl with the hat.

    You probably can't be sued since chapter/book titles are different than songs, and won't hurt sales of the other (for instance, Apple Computers vs. Apple Records.) But it still might be helpful to have someone with law experience advise you.

    I think you may have mentioned it but didn't go into details... looks like I have to check up on your site! :)

    ReplyDelete