Tuesday, November 22, 2011

DW S6 DVD Mini-eps

(I'll be responding to comments slowly since I'm taking care of my mom who fell yesterday evening. >.> Nothing broken, just sprains.)

The set went on sale yesterday, and these are already up on the web. People sure don't waste time, do they? I'm keeping copies for myself temporarily (I can has all series 1-6 now plz?) in case BBC tears them down.

Go here

Now that that's done with, I want to say: Please go away, River. I still like you somewhat (despite your fuck-up in S6's last ep), but let the Doc just be the Doc for awhile now, eh? He has been defined by his companions these past two years and the promise of a more episodic S7 is getting me excited, never mind the 50th anniversary. Moffat has said that we "know nothing about River," but hopefully, THAT won't come into play until later. If she turns out to be Susan's grandmother, that would be trippy and kind of funny. 8D

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I hope your mom is feeling better! D: How was your Thanksgiving?

    Out of those mini-episodes, the second and the fourth were the most interesting. All those timey whimey convolutions that make you stop and think for a moment (and it wasn't 45 minutes worth. *cough*seasonfinale*cough*)

    Yeah, I want new companions, too. Though it was funny how she was almost predator-like toward the Doctor in those mini-episodes. I read a blog post awhile back that suggested that River and Jack could be his companions in the next series. They could both fight over the Doctor like a bone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your mom feels better ;_; Also, that you had a nice Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete