Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Holy crap, it's raining!

Aaaaaaaaaaand it has stopped, just this minute. ): WHY?!

+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+

So, I'm having art trouble. I can't do anything. D: The pressure to finish my goddess series must have been what was keeping my juices flowing, because now nothing is coming out right. (And those were "divinely" inspired, in a sense, so that may have helped them along anyway)

I'm trying to start on gifts which I have promised to people, along with some of my own OCS, and cartooning actors' faces for my semi-WIP DW/PMMM and other DW (the one with Mother Death) comics. (which keep getting pushed back due to slumps) And when I say "cartooning," I just mean that I'm trying to catch their main features so that you can tell it's them without my having to go into too much detail (but knowing me, they'll be detailed anyway).
 I'm currently doing Benny C (and I swear to god that if you take that in a pervy way, I will choke you through the monitor). Having trouble, but I've already explained that. 8D Damn you and your stupid horse face, Benny! I can't figure it out. Still love you though (well, I at least like your work, considering "love" is such a strong word, and creepy when you think about it). Thanks for sending Tumblr into a tizzy; that was amusing.

Anyway, I am happy to see other people being productive, because I know they've been having problems too. <3 More please?

+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+

Currently on S2 of Supernatural. I'm really enjoying it. I'm more interested in the two leads' interactions than the monsters, but those are entertaining too. I have, what, six more seasons of this stuff? D: (I'm always late to these things) Hate the jump-scares. ._.; And I knew about "Wincest" long before watching the series. Honestly, I can see why Wincest is a "thing," because holy crap! Talk about possessive. It's sweet at times, but other times - yeah. XD (And it doesn't help when the two actors are so chummy, which is kind of adorbs)

+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+

Amusing stuff:
Nostalgia Critic's review of Alien Resurrection - not too keen on this installment of the franchise, so I like seeing it mocked. 8D C'mon, Prometheus! (Even though it deviates from Alien, boo)

 Live Action Fanfic- This is even more hilarious if you knew about these two beforehand. But it's still awesome for a first-time viewer because it's all done in a first take(I think), so watching them trying to keep straight faces is too funny.

Aleister Reads "Stalking Is Love"- This one is pretty graphic. Nothing visually, just the descriptions. But seeing Diamanda trying to act out everyone had me in fits.
+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+
HOBBIT! PRETTY!- Yeah, it's an old trailer. So what? I can be late, can't I? :P Usually am.

Then there's DW S7 news


3 comments:

  1. Am I just now getting around to commenting on this? D: It's probably because I still haven't had the time to watch/listen to some of the bottom links...

    Eee, the drought after the flood artblock. D: Without an impending sense of "I have to get this done!!" that accompanies school assignments or jobs, during an art block, most stuff just isn't going to get done (perhaps due to being overwhelmed by the big plans you had after all the other work?) In the mean time, you can try to force yourself to keep working("no music or television or games or food or whatever motivating until x amount gets done"... even though in those situations, I usually just stare off into space until I fall asleep because I'm horrible like that.) Or try to invent deadlines and psyche yourself into a drawing frenzy (my Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.)

    It's great that Cumberbatch doesn't mind the fan fiction... it certainly will earn him more points in the long run with fans, so he has a very bright future to look forward to (as long as fans don't expect him to continue playing Sherlock forever or re-enact their fan fiction at conventions. Then he might end up disgruntled like Kirk/Spock. XD )

    I'll eventually get to those video reviews. I wonder if I've seen Alien Resurrection before... I know I've seen Aliens.

    I'm looking forward to the Hobbit, too. But I'm not sure if I'll have to wait for the DVD because I don't go to theaters often. Once a year, if that...

    Only a couple months until Doctor Who, woo! Lots of stuff I'm looking forward to this Fall. (New Pokemon game, new seasons of DW, MLP:FiM, and Star Wars: Clone Wars.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You slow person, you. :P *is shot for hypocrisy*

      I'm a bit dry due to job-hunting, but I think you know that already. 8D It's a bit depressing. And the whole "no tv, muisc, etc." doesn't really work for me because those actually HELP me rather than hinder. >.>
      I would tell you to drink caffeine, but doesn't your family have a weird reaction to it? I think I remember you saying it just isn't your thing. So...eat lots of sugar to stay awake!

      It's nice that he's open to slash and weird shit, but his misunderstanding of asexuality has made me headdesk. Repeatedly. ._.; I just want to sit him down and give him the 101 version so that he doesn't come across as a dumbass. Moffat too.

      You don't have to watch the vids. Don't force yourself. 8D

      I don't go to the theater much either. Just wait for the Netflix (yes, I use that! HUSH! I'm not always a Jack Sparrow!).

      I need to update my Upcoming Stuff list, because my memory's horrible. Let's see... Supernatural S8 -Oct3 or 10; Emilie Autumn this month, DW in Sep, Sherlock next year. *headscratch* Other stuff.

      Delete
    2. We are slowmates. :| *maybeyouwontnoticethathorriblepunomg*

      I think the no tv and no music thing doesn't work for me either. Or at least the no Pokemon thing. I started playing a little bit of it a couple weeks ago and I really think I need to get back into the swing of regularly playing a little bit each day to keep me positive. (It doesn't even have to be Pokemon. Ace Attorney, Final Fantasy, Star Ocean... all are pretty therapeutic. But Pokemon wins because it's the easiest and has good stopping points.)

      I get caffeine from dark chocolate (I swear by it as a health food.) But I don't want to get addicted to coffee (we don't even have a coffee maker anyway) and pop gives me heartburn (the carbonation) and now tastes nasty to me. I think my true problem either lies with not enough exercise or low blood pressure (90/60.) I'm one of those people that gets really dizzy and sees spots from standing up quickly. ;_;

      Write a letter! And post it and the response, if there is one, to the blog. Or an anonymous tumblr. :3

      I'm not forcing myself. I just put it among the bottom of the list as far as stuff to watch (the try out section of the list)... and I fall behind really quickly on the stuff near the top. I unsubscribed to a lot of channels on YouTube because they were being tempting distractions. I haven't watched anything on Crunchyrull or hulu since February and am afraid to jump back in after being so far behind. D: I just don't have as much time with my two days a week of computer.

      Oh! There's another show coming out in October that sounds interesting. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. I don't know whether it will be on Crunchyroll or Funimation or what, but the concept gets my nerd-senses tingling. There's apparently different generations of heroes, each with a name variant of "Jo" (like Joseph.) It's scifi/supernatural. And there was a review on ANN for a badass guy in a wheelchair. o__o I'm interested in learning its history, and it sounds fun since it pushes the right buttons in genre and quirkiness for me. Just letting you know in case you're interested in checking it out next month, too. ^^

      Delete