Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Distractions

First off, I want to thank Danielle Klebes for taking photos of my goddesses for Portfolio. <3
Her Tumblr
Her Etsy shop
Her time lapse painting vids (they're awesome)

Here's some stuff:

Read

Suicide Consultant manga, by the author of FaLLEN

Uzumaki- I had very weird dreams after reading this. o.O This is a manga I wouldn't mind owning. Some parts remind me of the book, House of Leaves.

Watch

History of LGBT People in Europe(mostly)

Shadows-Lindsey Stirling

Todd in the Shadows -A-Ha's Take On Me
  
Pokemon-Gotta Buy 'Em All

DW RPG (like Pokemon)

Heroes Are Jerks 

Stains the cupcake dog

Nash reviews DW- The Happiness Patrol: I've seen this several times, but the villain threatening to pimp slap someone is always hilarious. Nash also has a new review of Voyage of the Damned.
 WTFIWWY: Hand-Carved Phallus and Festive Holiday Grenades

Obscurus Lupa Presents - Birdemic

Ninja The Mission Force

My Head & My Heart -"Johnlock"(from BBC!Sherlock) vid with the sound of Florence + the Machine's "No Light, No Light." After watching S2E3(Reichenbach Fall) and then listening to this F+tM song, I could totally see the connection between the two. Lovely vid, despite my not shipping the two male leads. (Stop trying to convert me, people! I will resist your ship! *slashes ship's sails with a sword*)

Dragonball Z Abridged- Frickin' hilarious. 8D I'm addicted. (Further eps are here)


Oancitizen/Rap Critic- Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai


Oancitizen/Cinema Snob- Tromeo and Juliet (I squealed when I saw this. Two of my fave reviewers doing this mindfuck of a movie = <3)



Listen

Ayumi Hamasaki- I am... I couldn't find a full album vid (lovely cover, I must say). >.> But I did kind of like this, so I'll check out the rest of her stuff.

Fair to Midland

Nightwish-Imaginaerum


Ayreon- The Human Equation 1 and 2

Avalanch- Malefic Time

Happy Rhodes- Equipoise

Theatre of Tragedy-Storm

Epica- Requiem For the Indifferent

Within Temptation-Silent Force

DW audio story-Dead Air - I liked this creepy tale, along with The Last Voyage. I just can't find any online file for them. 8D

BBC!Sherlock-Hound of Baskervilles commentary by Cam and Sandy (I listen to their weekly DW commentaries). This one includes a hilarious "erotic" reading of the canon story (mainly due to the words and language used in the story which can be taken the wrong way these days).


+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+
I'm also starting to watch Supernatural. I saw the first three eps of s4 and am willing to give it a shot. Flashbacks of previous seasons look plenty creepy. And there's pie. Gotta love pie.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't get time to watch/read everything (could take awhile), but just letting you know I'm still procrastinating. 8D Nightwish's orchestra sounds are cool. <3 And the dA manga inspires me to keep working on mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to cram everything into a few sittings. You can come back to it if/when you get bored some day. 8D This list is the result of maybe a couple of months.

      And stop procrastinating! *says this while procrastinating* Draw that comic! *says this with sketchy/unfinished comic pages on table*

      Delete
  2. Okay, if that's a couple months worth, that makes me feel better.

    You had a productive and talented classmate... just looking at all those paintings around her studio makes me feel so unproductive. I'm not a fan of painting, and I think canvas takes up a lot of space that I don't have, but, wow, having a lot of painted canvas can spark up the creativity in the room more than a pad of drawing paper. I should apply that principal to my drawings... having them all laid out in various states of unfinish. XD I hope I can get that good or better at digital painting also.

    I probably won't check out Uzumaki unless I see it at the library. Those manga and anime aggregators make me wary because of the potential for malware (still paranoid.) And Uzumaki is already available in the United States, so it seems pointless to read it on those sites anyway.

    That Legend of LGBT's jab at Jesus was hilarious. XDDDDD And I got a kick out of the lesbians don't exist joke. "Proper ladies wouldn't do such things." I'm guessing Queen Victoria's "I am not amused" face kept away further questions. XD

    I liked the RPG themed videos! The Doctor Who one had me waiting for each new RPG it used to move the plot in creative ways. I actually liked the Final Fantasy bit with the Angels better than the catching of Amy like a Pokemon. Too bad Jack hasn't shown up in Seasons 5 and 6. He would be all "endless Phoenix Downs" while the rest of the party is in the back. Amy and River sniping, The Doctor performing some sort of special technique, and Rory self-imploding due to a glitch in the game's code.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PART II (Google wouldn't post my comment, it was too long. XD)

    Okay, the Pokemon one did sting a bit. Very few people try to "catch 'em all" like they did in the late 90's/early 2000's. By the time there was over 300 monsters, the collecting became more focused on certain toy lines or specific favorites. Like a plush collection or a card collection or a Eeveevolutions collection or a Piplup collection. Pokemon is still very commercial, but the idea of catching them all in anything but the video game or card game has become a far off or unwanted dream for most fans, I think. The only reason I think they keep making new monsters is because a.) they need to keep the series fresh, even though I suspect they are going to resort to new storylines more than new monsters in the future and b.) they hope toy collectors will find at least one new Pokemon to collect in the new generations. Nintendo gets more money from more dedicated collections than absolute completionists that burn out from being overwhelmed, possibly before they've even started collecting.

    The RPG Heroes are Jerks video was very true. XD I'm also reminded of a Gin Tama episode that made fun of different games, including RPGs (and a date simulator. I wonder how many guys wish they could date the mom instead and plot getting rid of the girl?)

    I'm still getting through the music right now. I've probably listened to over half of it. I liked Nightwish and even clicked on another of their albums on YouTube. But after a while, the other stuff because to sound so similar, probably because of listening to it in the background (and because I focus on melodies and tone rather than lyrics.) The bands are not bad, it's just that it's hard for them to stick out in my mind as individual songs and bands... I should really just put my headphones on and listen while resting on my bed so I can soak up the different musical nuances?

    When I first started seeking out Japanese music aside from anime songs (and when broadband Internet and YouTube became a reality for me), I tried listening to Hamasaki. Now she has a YouTube channel with short clips of her songs, if I recall (I'm subscribed to it, whatever it is.) But I've always found her too similar to the stuff I was avoiding (the blandness that I heard every time I turned on a radio station to something with music from the 2000's.) Anime songs, idol songs, and some rock bands (visual kei~ <3 ) broke up the monotony I was escaping by using different sounds and/or genres. "I am..." sounded okay, but not enough for me to want to come back. There's too much of that today, sadly, including with idols (AKB48 comes out with the same song every summer.) :(

    And hopefully I'll be able to check out the rest over the course of a couple months. 8D

    ReplyDelete