Friday, July 13, 2012

"Some Stuff, You Say?"- "Aye, I Say!"


Have I posted these yet? They’re old. The first is a floating Homura. And the next is just me comparing my stylized wings with more realistically-structured ones. I’m trying to make my wings look more…wingy. >.> (Still like doing my own though)



 Quicky of Sailor Archangel, which I stopped because it was coming out pretty funky. I want to do a post about her character development throughout the years since her creation. If only I could find that original bio I sent to Luna Alarm Reviews years ago. ;_; (I dunno though; it probably wouldn’t be very interesting, except to me.)


I was stuck at an auction on Sunday. I drew the auctioneer. The family’s known him for years due to his estate sales, so I don’t think he’d mind. 8D


My OC for the Supernatural universe, Rosalind. Aaaaaaaaand I don’t want to spoil anything. So here she be, when inside her vessel (wearing a necklace of Angels’ Graces), and part of her “true” form can be seen behind her. She’s like a feathery/fluffy Eldritch Abomination.
Despite her rough entrance in a Purgatory scene (and the small occurrence where she tries to literally eat Dean’s face), and her "heavenly" function/job, she does go back to her more affectionate self as time goes on. She’s one of the nicer angels (but she likes to annoy her siblings with “Come at me, bro!” while fighting them), while the others are stand-offish and dickish most of the time.

NOTE: Her outfit is based on Gabriel’s from the movie Constantine. I hated that movie, but I loved Gabe. (Rosalind even has a hospital name tag on her wrist, but that’s because she escaped from one. So-yeah. >.>)


Rosalind and Castiel. I’m redoing this one with better poses (I have those in mind) in pen and ink on my big Bristol board. Lots of feathers to be drawn!

3 comments:

  1. Feathers. Feathers all around. MY GOD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm drawing/inking even MORE feathers at the moment. Gotta love 'em! <3

      Delete
  2. I really like Homura's floating pose... the bend in her torso has power and grace. Her legs really need a distinct vanishing point, tapering off, though, because the leg closest to us looks like it just gets shorter instead of recedes.

    Are your wings the ones on the left? Those wings have a lot more movement, so I'm more drawn to them. ^^

    I'd be interested in reading about Sailor Archangel's character development (actually, you're tempting me to steal the idea and make character development histories for some of my long-lasting characters. XD ) Histories, especially illustrated histories can really get me into a character.

    Her pose makes her look like she could fit in an illuminated manuscript! <3

    You're so brave for sneaking a sketch of someone. XD I'm always afraid someone will wonder what I'm looking at them for and get mad. ;_; I try to remember interesting details instead, but that doesn't always work out so well. u_u

    Has Rosalind been around bath salts? Did that cause the face-eating? D: She looks cool... and so many feathers! I'm not sure whether it's going to end up a blessing or punishment for you with all your feathered characters, but I enjoy them. Especially since you have an eye for detail that I aspire to. I need more patience!

    And yay, more feathers with the last picture! I'm interested to see how you make it better, because the pose is already pretty exciting, it's just hard to make things out while it's still in the sketch phase.

    Keep drawing between job hunting! It will work out somehow. :)

    ReplyDelete