Saturday, September 15, 2012

Um, Stuff.

 So, here's stuff. This is mainly here to show that I haven't destroyed anything since my last, um, "episode."
+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+


First of all, I've realized that I am such a nerd. (Considering how I fell into SuperWhoLock) When did I become such a nerd?

Now here's the stuff I'm "working on."

The Reading Stack (I print stuff out because I hate staring at text on the screen too long. I will link to these stories at the bottom. 8D)

The Drawing WIP stack. See anything familiar? (Not shown due to being buried under these: Ayashi's "Secret" senshi, more dragon peeps, Jadine's Aeon, Cherry, actor portraits, Roz and Cas mini sketches)

The Reference List (other peeps' character sheets, my character refs, magazines for poses, poses from Senshi Stock, etc.)

Remember those retrospectives I'm doing? Yup, here's that stack. Now, every page isn't part of the project. I just flipped through these and saw old art and writing scribbled on some of the pages, and I didn't feel like tearing them out. So I just threw the whole notebook(s) on top. :P However, that green book at the bottom contains LOTS of drawings. D: HELP MEH!

My Story Notes stack (Roadside Whispers, DW comic/fic ideas, that unnamed Supernatural fic, Demiurge, etc.)


Vids:
Battle Royale - The Hunger Games is considered a rip-off of this movie. I love 'em both. This flick is pretty damn violent, but it is SO good. The suspense never lets up, and I actually cared about the kids. Watch it sometime, eh?


The Bunny Perspective-Horror (And a still from THAT movie had to be used WHY?!)

Cinema Snob:
Gross Out (can you make it all the way through?)

Oancitizen: Sleeping Beauty


Reading List:

FaLLEN- novel and comic
Ayashi's Legend of Ruination
Redemption Road (Supernatural/Destiel)

I'm also reading this:
The fairy and striped CDs are bootlegs. GODDAMMIT!

Music:

Emilie Autumn - Fight Like a Girl(album shown above)
The Black Keys - El Camino
Queensryche - Silent Lucidity
Milla Jovovich (yes, THAT Milla) - The Divine Comedy
Silversun Pickups - Swoon
Dexter Freebish (haven't heard them in YEARS)
Diamanda Galas - she's definitely an acquired taste.

I've also updated the side link list. I need help, ack. ._.;

I'm thinking about doing a "southern" blog. Since trips tend to take me deeper into the country, I see some oddball stuff (which I tend to make of, but in a loving way). I just never remember to take the camera. Must remedy that.
Tentative title: The Sun's Rottin' the Oranges, Y'all
It might be a nice companion piece to Roadside Whispers, since that story was influenced by a lot of things I've seen.

Also: Should I change the layout of this place? Is the pink getting old for anyone else?

2 comments:

  1. You have Monty Python! <3 And lots of MLP... I only have one of those old DVDs.

    That's a smart idea to print out stories. I have to conserve paper, though, so that's not feasible (I remember when I'd make the type size 5 or 8 and delete paragraph breaks when I'd print off fanfiction when I was thirteen or fourteen.) Sometimes I wish I had a tablet just for reading and watching videos. :(

    Your WIP stack makes me remember how much I want to see the Puella Magi at least fully penciled and inked. ;_;

    That stack of notebooks and binders kinda mirrors the northeast corner of my desk. At least you're just amassing the stuff for a write-up and not eating through the blank papers and notebooks to get to the bottom. 8D

    I'll start listening to that recommended music list soon. It could take longer with the videos and I can't promise anything. I will try to find a way to watch Battle Royale, but not through a shady looking streaming site. XD

    I need to get on the ball with Minervellas, the Hellhoney/Power Warp/Mervscorn chapter summaries, and my 2012 NaNo so you'll have more stuff to read (if you want.) >:3

    You added The Dark Writers!! *huggles* Toward the end of the year, we hope to start filling the blog with parodies that hopefully you'll find relevant and enjoy. ^^ With my tumblr, I'm starting to feel over-represented on your sidebar. o___o I'm there three and a third times...

    I hope you'll be able to juggle the additional blog! (Maybe it would be a good catalysis if the fanart hasn't been motivating you as much as you'd like?) How far out in the south do you tend to go? Do you go into different states?

    But this layout has birdies! ;_; The pink (salmon?) isn't bothering me, but a change would be interesting. Just as long as the blog remains readable, it will be fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hey, that looks like half of my room with folders and binders full of story stuff, references and old drawings...8D;; (And bwahahahahahaha my Aeons >8)) How old is that red folder? What's written on it is cute :) (that's not sarcasm, btw >_>)

    Yes! I'm so glad someone else knows about the awesomeness that is Milla Jovovich singing. Love her album and voice ♥

    ReplyDelete