Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Convert(s) to the Church of Whovianism

 So, my father turned on DW ("The Girl Who Waited"), to see "what all the hoopla was about," as he put it. It seemed to catch his interest (even though the character relationships wouldn't mean jack shit to him since he doesn't know who these people are), and he was disappointed that the Best of the Monsters special shown afterward cut off. So I showed him "Blink," and he loved it. (That seems to be the Official Starter Episode) I'm going to show him the other Weeping Angel eps, along with a few others so that I can prove that there are wonderful gems among the campiness (because some eps are just plain awful, I'm sad to say). He wants to start from the beginning of NewWho though, so maybe he'll get into it? I mean, he liked Sliders and other campy stuff back in the day. Why not this British monstrosity? (And I mean that in the most affectionate way)
Mother also saw "Blink," but she's not into sci-fi, so that may be her only exposure to Who. She saw one of the "funny" campy ones not too long ago, and thought it was stupid as all hell, so... XD
Any ep suggestions from y'all, for starters/baby Whovians?

Anywaaaaaaaaaaay. I'm done babbling.

I have a pastel figure drawing to post, but I'm not finished cleaning it up. Maybe tomorrow. 8D

Today, I was feeling down because my Painting/Drawing Research prof shot down my series ideas. D: Now I have no bloody hell what to do. I kind of just want to do something ANGRY, still dealing with death, but still ANGRY and dark and BLACK. She loves abstract, and I hate it. People say to please professors since we only have them for a semester, and then do what we want afterward, but this class is supposed to help build up a body of work for Portfolio, and I am NOT doing fucking abstracts for that. I would rather grow a pair of testicles and shove rusty nails into them. I won't show something to the teacher/portfolio panel if I hate it. What would I say? EH?!

Er, moving on. After that little beat-down (did I mention that she made another girl cry? XD), I started doodling and did a tiny bit of something pertaining to my PMMM/DW crossover. Meh, it's just a sketch of a chapter page (Mami and 10, similar to the tiny panel I've posted before; still need to do Homura and 11) and some Master/Simm stuff.  (LOVE drawing his nose. Lovelovelove. *honks it*) Oh, and plushies make an appearance, just a tiny one.
I might post those tomorrow too. Yay?
(Foolishly, I picked up the wrong sketchbook and did these in the one for classes, especially for Figgy Drawing. I can't rip them out because I've tried that with another book of similar make and it screwed the binding. Wonder what the prof's reaction will be. Hopefully, I don't draw something dirty in it by accident, considering my bad luck. 8D Maybe I'll just fold those pages over)

And may I say that this lovely piece of PMMM art by Miss Jadine makes me happy in the pants? (And it has interesting info in the comments!)

Still on for Thurs. afternoon/night, Derrot? Since I am slow as Christmas with replying, maybe we can work everything into that convo? 8D Especially the idol video and Hellhoney character sketches, and whatever else. I hate keeping you waiting. D: School is going to sodomize me with a broom this semester, I just know it.

2 comments:

  1. IN YOUR PANTS. XD


    Boo to the prof. Since she likes abstract, do the testicle-shoving-nails-idea then. 8D That way, you can be all intellectual and pretentious and say "well, the nails clearly represent yadda yadda and injecting them into the testicles means blah blah blah" XD Whatever you want it to represent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Blink may be the best one... after all, it made me continue watching. XD I think the one with the child and the gas mask is a good starter, too, just because of how it has something that can become an in-joke and introduces newcomers to the awesomesauceness of Cap'n Jack. 8D

    Oh no, she made a girl cry! (I actually cried in a painting class before, because I was frustrated with myself. It was embarrassing. >_> ) And I know I wanted to cry sometimes in Painting/Drawing Research, my mind racing with the same angry thoughts you have (and I was even rude and stubborn at one point, but I got over it.) Drawing something angry might help actually. Maybe feral decaying animals? I drew a series of angry drawings that I was going to show as a "bonus series" - basically everything that pisses me off, including some subtle jabs at how I felt about the class - but never finished inking them because I focused on my main series, which toward the end I was doing well over 6 per series. But drawing them helped me vent, so something angry could help you vent, too. :)

    Gah, and you should explain to her that you have no interest in abstracts, and you don't want to waste time. Sit down and tell her exactly where you want to go with your art. Show her you have a plan. If you don't speak up, she'll mold you herself. But if you show you have a plan, and that your portfolio is something you intend to use, not scrap after graduation and start all over (even though you will do that eventually because you'll get better pieces), she might be more open to your ideas. She has strong ideas of how things ought to be, but I think she can appreciate determination and goals. But if you look like you need guidance, she'll guide you whether you like it or not: "This is a kindness." 8D

    Did I hear plushies?! *jumps up and down excited* And ahahaha, I think it would be hilarious to get a Professor's opinion on a fancomic, naughty or not. Who knows, maybe the Professor likes Doctor Who also? o__o (And even Madoka, though that's less likely.)

    DARTH KYUBEY! D: Though the Magi/Maga part is hilarious... they are all just REALLY PRETTY boys. *snicker* Maybe they didn't use Maga because it sounds dirty (I don't know why, it just does to me) or not as cool? XD

    I'm waiting right now! :D (I kept getting caught up in stuff and finally remembered to log on around 6 or 6:30.) And of course we can try to work everything into the conversation... it's strange how it's easier to IM even though it would probably end up being longer than all the comments. O:

    Gah, break that broom handle before it causes a witch. XDDD

    ReplyDelete