Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Heads Were Rolling

Another post the day after the last one? Can I keep this up? (Of course not!)

I'm currently doing homework in the school library. ._.; Fun fun. (Save me!)

Here's some junk from yesterday's Figgy Drawing class.

Quicky heads



Quicky from old movie still (forehead is too big)


Skull, with some added features. I named my skull "Harry." I dunno why, it just looked like a Harry to me. (Or an Uncle Frank. Anyone know the reference? If so, have a cookie!)


Portrait of Erin, our model for the day. Kind of looks like her, if she were glaring at something out of frame. XD


We may be doing self-portraits. Oh boy, oh boy. For the "other" portrait, I'm probably going to do Tennant or Smith, or both, since their faces are pretty unique and interesting. Let's show the class how nerdy I am! (It probably wouldn't surprise the prof though)

3 comments:

  1. Yay, heads! This should help you a lot! (Though they aren't attached to bodies, so it doesn't give you the proportion exercises. You're actually already good at heads, it's just the proportion relative to the rest of the body that needs work.) Are hands and feet next? 8D

    Are you sure the forehead is too big? I've actually seen people with foreheads that big. XDD

    Harry is perfect! XD (It might give him a complex, though. O: ) I sadly don't get the Uncle Frank reference. u_u *is cookie-less*

    Maybe Erin sees someone drawing a caricature of her? >.>

    Yay, self-portraits and Doctor portraits! That's awesome the professor will let you draw celebrities/characters! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the torso is next. I'm not bad with torsos, just the part where they connect to the hips. That always comes out wonky. D: (But YAY for clothes covering it)

    Compared to the picture we were referencing, yeah, it's big. ): *stares at it and is blinded*

    Watch Hellraiser and you'll get the reference. XD It's hilarious when he says, "It's me, Frank. It's Uncle Frank." It's so dumb considering the context.

    Nah, no one did a caricature. After all, YOU weren't there. :P You would have probably done one too.

    Still need to do those portraits.
    Later. 8D

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the connections are hard. Drawing individual body parts is one thing, but learning how they connect and how they look in movement and from different positions is the really hard part. Have fun. :D (And yay for underwear at least~)

    I'll try to remember to watch it when I have the chance. ^^ (I need to find my little memo pads I used to have at my desk before moving. They really help keep track of things, including random story ideas.)

    Actually, I never did a caricature of a model. Too busy doing the actual work for class. But during breaks I would draw caricatures of idols sometimes. 8D

    Yay!

    ReplyDelete