Sunday, September 25, 2011

Quickie

I haven't seen the new Who yet (shame shame); I'm watching the new SNL now instead. ^^; But for those of you who have seen it, here's a "prequel" to the finale, "The Wedding of River Song."


Other stuff:

We're working on individual body parts in Figgy 2 these next few weeks. Last week was the face/head. We did a portrait of the model in half an hour. Like a fool, I chose soft pastels, so I didn't finish since I'm slow. >.>
The coloring around the clavicle area is NOT the clavicle itself. I was making marks so that I could mold it into the chest later, but the prof stopped us before I could. If that were really his clavicle, then he'd be screaming in pain. (It would look broken) XD


And here are pics of that big lotus shrine thing. We can  redo the project and turn it in at the end of the semester, which is good since I have/had lots of plans for it. (Clay molded into flowers and statues, then painted, for one) So it's not perfect, but it did get a positive response. I'm going to use people's suggestions and probably redo it to make it more secure. I do love the painted cardboard. (to look like wood) :3

That floppy/lying-down petal didn't stay up. XD

From above:


From the side:


Close-up of the painted water:


Close-up of the fish (I'll be adding more of them along with water plant life):

3 comments:

  1. I finally saw the latest Doctor Who last night with my mom. So thiiiis was the prequel you were talking about the other day (I thought you meant the latest episode before it aired. XDD) I wonder how many questions this finale will answer? -_-;

    Sketch often and you'll get faster! 8D

    I'm looking forward to how you enhance/improve the temple. I agree that the best part is the painted textures. That fish is super hard to see, though... it's probably because of the darkness, but is it also under one of the lotus leaves? D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the new Who, but could have done without the Cybermen. I think having the Doc interact with old friends is good enough, considering how so many eps have focused on the Ponds. And I love Craig; we didn't need DOOM and GLOOM.
    Hopefully, we get SOME answers. They're already filming the Xmas special and it sounds like a standalone, so maybe we won't get too much of a cliffhanger this Saturday. I do have one concern though. It's already been confirmed that Smithy is returning for S7, so all this "Doc is dying" stuff really isn't all that tense for me. ._.; I have a feeling his ganger will come into play.
    (On a random side note, I think River with an eyepatch-thing is kind of sexy 8D)

    Yeah yeah, I know. I haven't been feeling right lately though. >.> I had an "off" day yesterday during Figgy and my series came out crappy for P/D R. ;_; Just GAH. I feel so bleh, but I can't nap or stop. XD

    I'll start on that temple once I get rid of the "eh" feeling. That reminds me: I need to write that paper for it (a paper about our process. Kill me now).

    (And yeah, the fish is under one of the petals. It almost went unnoticed until someone pointed it out. :3)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uggh, yes, I cringe whenever I see the Cybermen. I really don't like them, they are creepier than the Borg to me. XD I'd rather him revisit the Daleks, because they are so silly. <3

    I figured he wasn't going to die either, but who knows, since they are going to split up S7 across two years, maybe he'll regenerate mid-season? (Has that ever been done before?) And haha, that eyepatch thing reminds me of comic villainesses from nearly twenty years ago. XD

    Oh no, one of those days. D: Find something to inspire you (like a movie, music, or TV show), that could help speed you out of the funk. ^^ And yuck, process essays. At least it's better than writing a research paper on something you aren't interested in.

    Name the fish Waldo! XD

    ReplyDelete