Tuesday, May 3, 2011

This Should Be Easy-Oh Craaaap *barf*(Long)

And once again comes a title that has nothing to do with the sketch. 8D

Anyway, yesterday I had a Tilt Table Test. I thought it would be easy, considering I would just have to be upright for a little while. Well, nooooooope. I started sweating, getting dizzy, my blood pressure dropped, and I began gagging (I had to fast so I had nothing in my stomach which could come up). Then they gave me medicine to speed up my heart. :D SO MUCH FUNZ, GAIZ!
+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+
I have added lots of blog links on the side. Check 'em out! Think there's a blog I might enjoy? Recommend it.
+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+

Has anyone else noticed the creepiness of some companies' ads?
Take a look at this Pest Control one:


Look at Bono's Pit Bar B-Q:




"Please eat me!" or "My mommy sure tastes goooooooood. I R CANNIBAL."
The last logo is one I usually see with the pig holding a knife and fork, which makes it more bizarre. (Can't find a copy of that version however.)
ANYONE ELSE SEE ANYTHING WEIRD ABOUT THESE?! This sort of thing has always made me feel funny. >.> (I need a life, bahahahaha!) If y'all have anymore examples, please show them. I may start collecting these sorts of things. Dunno why yet; I find them intriguing and a little funny since the ad creators try to sugarcoat the reality. It's kind of like having animal heads watch you from above while you eat (Ex: steakhouses).
+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+
In other news, I'm re-making my site. Here it be. Nothing there yet, but something's coming. I need to work on a Mother's Day painting, so it may be awhile. o.O
+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+
I got a hair cut on Friday. I kind of look like Sayaka from PMMM with short, poofy hair.
+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+
Ever seen Světlonoš? It's trippy.
Part 1
Part 2

This is starting to be more like a stupid observation and random events blog, rather than an art one, eh?
+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+

Here's the art, which is tacked on to this post!

Part 2 of that 100 Characters Meme. A quarter of this is done. Yay-ness. (I have started the 25th square, for those of you who want to say: "24 squares are not a quarter of a 100, nitwit!")
Some of them look weird because I did them right after the Tilt Table. 8D Don't try to do anything productive after one of those, guys.

Codes:
S-La: "Shangri-La"- Sailor Moon fic. Fenrir is always looking at Garuda with that look in her eyes. o.O
"Queen" Shekinah and Mary- One and the same. Shekinah is a goddess figure of the planet Kolob (Mormonism), and is wife/mate to Jehyahlah, king/god of Kolob. She has lots of hair. LOTS. Think Mistress 9. It is attached to the walls of her room and crystals hang from it. These contain the prayers and wishes of her people when they call to her, so that she can keep track of them.
She is incarnated as Mary on Kolob, gives birth to Meshia/Sailor Heaven, shit happens, she returns to her goddess body, shit happens again, and she travels to Earth as Mary, where she encounters my Angelic senshi and becomes one of their mentors. Complicated? >.>

Band: Described here. The two shown are connected to one another.


PMMM OC: Puella Magi- Kaze and Kashou-need to do real ref pics for these gals. I started on Shimo but Miss Derrot said it looked strange. D: *pokes her* Kidding. I'm fixing her so that I can start on Kaze and Kashou.
Kaze is using her can of raid and fire extinguisher to fight monster moths.
Kashou is attacking someone off-page. Her Witch form is peeking from behind her. The Witch of Denial always has her face partially covered. Her familiars are little flying things-bird bodies with human legs and feet and the "heads" are covered completely by veils. You can't see what's under them. Just imagine those coming at you. XD

D-S.M.: Demiurge-Sprained Minds - June(Hoon-yah) is something of an "incarnation" of my Sailor Archangel. Archy was originally named Junryou as a civilian. I used her likeness and something related to her name when I was creating characters for my original story. They're a bit similar. Both have tragic stories, weight problems, and psychological problems. June is more talkative however, throughout the story. Archy starts off as a (semi-)chatterbox, then becomes closed as time goes on.
June here is at the base of the Demiurge, who is shown below her square. (He/It is actually a lot more detailed) Another outfit of hers will look similar to Archy's, without the SM-ness.
Gabriella- Like my Adlai, she is a carry-over from a Heaven vs. Hell comic I worked on years ago. Now she's wingless and something of a gypsy. What's she surprised about? Hmmm, maybe Demiurge's eye is looking right at her. D:

Pristiq- Very basic design. Not done at all. The arms are weird. She got the short shaft since she was the first I drew after my test. XD


/ramble

6 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Bono's Pit BBQ before (am I the only one who imagines the U2 singer in an apron with a slab of ribs?) but we have a chain called Famous Dav's BBQ and the logo isn't much different. It's a particularly anthropomorphic pig pointing to the name of the restaurant, sometimes wearing an apron. Their website is here: http://www.famousdaves.com/ you can see the pig in one of the buttons.

    Really, does that make people hungry? Looking at a cartoon version of what's on your plate in its living state? Heck, I can't even buy those "living lettuce" heads without feeling guilty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not the only one. XD People sometimes joke that they're eating Bono so that he can't make anymore music. >.> (I think they hate the guy. 8D)

    People don't think about the implications of a pig in a chef's hat. I think it's a marketing ploy to draw in kids and families. They seem to say: "Look at these cute cartoon animals, kiddos! This is a fun, cheap place!" And then they get more money that way from big families. Especially here in the south. Southerners adore BBQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, great. Now I want pork rib sandwiches...which hasn't been sold here in quite a while SO THANKS NOW I'M HUNGRY XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, that termite on the B&B advertisement actually looks pretty cute. It makes me want to adopt him. D: I can't remember, but are they the ones that give you a goodie bag of bug-themed Oriental Trading toys if you use them? I was upset when my mom threw most of them away (it was while I was in college, too. 8D )

    That Světlonoš short made me think of Boba Fett in the Robot Chicken Star Wars series. At the end, he was totally surrounded in babes, hotcha~! XDDD (You're probably the only person that might understand my morbid humor regarding this. ^^ )

    And as for how your characters are coming along, I love the composition and anatomy in June's box. You've nailed graceful in that pose... it's one of those drawings where you can see the movement or lack thereof. Well done~ ^^

    Ohoho, you know I only tell you when things look strange so that you can make them look better! O:< ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jadine: I'm...sorry? o.O I hope you're not hungry by now. :P

    Derrot: I have no idea. I've never used them.
    College gals and their toys! How will we ever let go? :P

    I haven't seen RC:SW in awhile. I must refresh my memory. In the morning!

    Really? "Graceful" wasn't what I was going for. It was more "sad." Interestiiiing. *chinscratch in ponderation* <--making up words again?

    Yeah, I know. ._.;

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadness can still be graceful, you know. XD I meant that her pose looked gentle as real flesh, and I find that graceful. ^^

    ReplyDelete