Sunday, May 29, 2011

Zee Coloring List

I'm going to try something different when it comes to coloring. In her tutorial, Setsu-P says she scans a drawing then prints it out to ink and color, leaving the hard copy untouched. That way, if a mistake happens, another copy will be readily available. I think this is a problem with me. I've always colored on the originals and got pissed if something bad happened, leaving it unfinished or finishing it hurriedly and half-assedly. And that's a reason why most of my pics are half-colored. >.> So, I'm going to take a page out of Setsu's book and print out my old scans. Hopefully, they'll be colored. 8D

I've already started on that Chibi Tower Senshi Meshia after printing it on good paper which can handle colored pencil.

Others (and these are OLD):
Kri's Sailor Musca
Jateshi's character (Tanzanite?)
Maria's Funhouse and Mae
Ayashi's Sailor Pessinus and Sailor Pluto (I'll have to draw in Pessi's red jar thing and Pluto's eye first) This picture I have completely lost. Thank gods I still have this copy.
Circle's Sefina: *ahem* The original agreement was to paint this, but after messing around with it, it became screwed up (holes and crinkling). The problem was the paper, which couldn't handle acrylics. It had to be thrown out. Now that I can (somewhat) use oils, I'll look for good paper and see if it can hold onto oil(after I use Photoshop to erase those unnecessary lines).
Setsu's Isis and Cyrus (I need to draw her other characters soon. LOTS of those buggers are running around.).
Luna/Lotus' senshi: Even though she doesn't do senshi anymore, I still like these and had ideas about how I wanted to color them (with a limited palette, based on their outfit colors).

From here:
Sailor Metal
Daenan and Kehai for Shai (these were getting colored, but then I got mad at them. 8D I can use the scans as a fresh start.) I'll do this for that Zai'al and Daenan(shown on dA,) pic, and maybe the solo Zai'al drawing when Shai tells me how the outfit's bottom half looks.
Gunner! Kashoku after fixing her arm.
Maybe Lucifer.

Remember those leg pictures I was doing of my characters with other peeps' creations? They'll be worked on again. :3 I just hit a slump. Same goes for the 100 characters meme. Tried to continue yesterday, aaaaaaaaand nothing came. ;_;

I need to code more of my site too. Geez, no wonder I get so flustered and slow down. o.O

5 comments:

  1. I don't have a printer of my own so I can't do this... I usually color digitally anyway, oh well. D: Aren't you worried about jamming the printer with the thicker papers, though?

    Yay, I'm very excited to see the Chibi Tower Senshi Meshia colored! I've liked that one a lot since you first posted it. ^^

    So many curves on these drawings. o___o Like the Sefina one, that's going to look really nice painted.

    The other ones I'm looking forward to seeing colored are the Funhouse and Mae (interested in seeing how whimsical the colors will look), Sailor Metal, Gunner!Kashoku, and Kehai. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've printed on my sketchbook paper, which is a little thicker than the regular computer kind. I don't think that will jam. But I have to find good paper for painting, and that may prove to be trickier. D: I might use a different printer for that. 8D A laser one maybe?

    I have to start over on CTS. XD Yep, already. I didn't have the pencils sharpened enough, so the pressure I used made the color look bad. (At least it was only the browns!).

    Curves? I guess I like curves? >.>

    I'm excited to see them done too, especially since I've owed them for...well, a long time. A LONG time. 8D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only used laser printers at libraries and other public places so I'm not sure. But there are also ways to transfer ink to paper using Prismacolor's Colorless Blender, I think. (Flip the image on the computer, print it out on normal paper, put it facedown on the paper you want to use - like a good sheet of primed BFK or canvas paper, then spread the marker fluid on the back of the printout. If I recall correctly. Would definitely be more expensive, but could get the job done right.)

    Aww! That's one of the reasons why I don't like using colored pencils (because you have to keep them so sharp) even though I like how they turn out when they don't get messed up.

    When I own drawings for too long without finishing them, sometimes I just end up throwing them out. >_>

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had all but forgotten that you were going to paint that sketch of Sefina. Don't stress yourself out about it. I know what it's like to have a huge drawing to-do list. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still want to attempt though. :3 (Especially after the awesome lovely Asclepius you drew-YOWZA!).

    ReplyDelete