Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Good Nekkid

Here's the figgy painting from last Thursday. I must have been scared about covering the figure since it looks as if she's floating above the cloth rather than laying on it.
Funny thing about the cloth (or not): There were two pieces of cloth that day, one white and one green-ish. Everyone was having trouble mixing paint to get that certain green, and I got it purely by accident trying to get grey (since we can't use black, it's a doozy getting the right shade). So the green you see here should be the white cloth, but matches the other. Hardy har har, right? 8D


And here's the one from yesterday. It started out well, then I kind of lost my momentum after the mid-break. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I'm gessoing over it.

3 comments:

  1. When it comes to paint, everything's an accident. XD But you did a really good job blocking out the forms, making them look like realistic body parts. The avoidance of cloth touching the skin makes the outline look too blocky, though... don't be afraid! The cloth won't bite! XD

    And as for the off-period after the break... that's why I usually didn't take breaks. But you're way smarter than me. I could have saved so much money and space if I gessoed over stuff. D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I dun wanna put cloth on the body! *throws self on ground* It's evil! >.>

    I gessoed over it, and the painting from today's class is a bit better. It'll be up later. :3

    (And no, I'm actually pretty dumb. :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nudist! *gasp* XD

      Yay~ :D

      And boooo. You're not dumb. D: And I said you're smarter than me, so are you calling me a complete dumbass?? XDD

      Delete