Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Murdered and Abandoned Goddesses...

...and a Figgy painting from yesterday. The professor said it would have gone on the wall if it was finished. >.> But I'm slooooooow. She also said it reminded her of Michelangelo (someone else said so too), so yay!

+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+
Sorry, but I dunno how to make these amusing. So they're short.

Sedna:

There are numerous myths of her origins, but most usually end with her clinging to her father's boat, and he chops off her fingers (due to anger or he's trying to save himself). The fingers become the sea animals the Inuit depend on for survival, and Sedna sinks, becoming ruler of the underworld. She's quite grumpy and will hold her sea animals "hostage" when pissed off. The people must appease her by sending a shaman who will clean her hair, since she can't do it herself (having no fingers 'n all).  She will then release the animals.
In 2003, she became the namesake of a minor planet. (I might work that into the image somehow)

I portrayed her after the moment her fingers were severed. Dunno if I like it or not. Hmm. I do know the border will be full of sea animals/skeletons. :3 And live animals will be swimming around her, maybe even feeding off her, since I'm morbid like that. >.>

Izanami:

She and Izanagi were the creator gods and/or parents of the Japanese islands after the churning of the ocean. (The first was made from the falling drops off their spear; I think there's a pervy joke in there but I can't find it)  When Izanami  gave birth to the god/kami of fire, she died and went to Yomi.. Her husband followed, but Izanami could not leave due to eating food of the underworld (Persephone much?) She would not let Izanagi see her, but being a dick, he lit a comb. When looking upon Izanami's decaying body, he screamed like a bitch and ran. Izanami chased him, along with the howling women, the Shikome. When Izanagi reached the surface, he pushed a boulder in front of Yomi's entrance. His wife screamed that she would claim 1,000 lives a day and he retorted that he would create 1,500 daily. 

What a messy divorce, eh? I wish there was more material about these two, but their continuing story has to be created by us/people. Mcmuu had two senshi (Orcus and Viddus) inspired by this myth, but she never wrote it. ): Lovely characters though. I hope she's doing well, wherever she may be. <3

This is probably my favorite piece thus far. Let's see how Kali-Ma and Mictecacihuatl turn out.

+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+
 
-I'm aiming to do six of these due to limited time. I've chosen the six who I feel were screwed over and/or forced to become death goddesses since I needed a more-specific theme. :P The others will be done as pastel "abstracts". Sound good? >.>

-Inked pieces will probably be posted on dA rather than here. So Persephone may be popping up soon.

-Someone cried in class yesterday. Again. >.> No, it wasn't me. :P

-The professor doesn't seem to know what to make of this goddess series. It's weird not having her bother me about them constantly when she makes her rounds. 8D

-Being Human S4 continues to break my heart. (I miss Mitchell, Nina, and George lots.)  I'll still watch it though, to see what Whithouse does with it. /random


"Entertaining" stuff:

Calypso by Jean Michel Jarre
Flash Gordon soundtrack(QUEEN!)

Kamelot-Ghost Opera:
  1. "Solitaire"
  2. "Rule the World" (1 & 2)
  3. "Ghost Opera" 
  4. "The Human Stain"
  5. "Blücher"
  6. "Love You to Death"
  7. "Up Through the Ashes"
  8. "Mourning Star"
  9. "Silence of the Darkness"
  10. "Anthem"
  11. "EdenEcho"
  12.  "The Pendulous Fall" 
Subspecies reviews by Obscurus Lupa (cuz they're funny)
1, 2, 3, 4

Diamanda Hagan's Twatty Who Reviews (cuz they're hilarious)

It took me a month to get through the vids (while working on stuff), so good luck watching them all in a couple of sittings. 8D

4 comments:

  1. First I want to test that I can actually post on this Smartbook...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I can see the Michelangelo in your painting... it's the glow. The yellow you were telling me about?

    The poses are both amazing, and suited to your descriptions of the myths! Sedna's abdomen (that's clean shaven?! :P ) is a little small, but that's the only thing that looks wrong. I'm looking forward to the inked versions and the Aztec goddess!

    I don't know when I'll get a chance to listen/watch the stuff. ;_;

    Someone cried?! Why? I know I did once in Keith's class, out of frustration. It was embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (you got that that stupid thing to work? YAY! How's your main laptop doing? Any progress?)

      Glowing, eh? It's radioactive! D: And jaundice, with the yellow, heh.

      I fixed the abdomen, but she's not "clean shaven." :P She's wearing clothes/pants, so no fuzzies will show. I'll post the ink WIPs a bit later (oh, and the Aztec one isn't very Aztec-ish. BUT I have a reason! >.>)

      Don't worry about watching everything. 8D Just get that damn comp to work again! *kicks it* The links will still be there when you come back, if they catch your interest.

      I don't know the whole argument/story, but she got onto one of the girls about...something. (One of the problems was color) I had my earphones in, so I wasn't being nosy, for once. ^^; I just know the student got upset. But things seem to be okay since she appeared on Thursday and they got along, somewhat.

      Delete
    2. By work, it's not like it's doing anything different. I already knew I could view text and pictures (i.e. most blogs), but I wasn't sure if I could comment (because Blogger and such does NOT work and is unsupported on the device.) So I can log in to Google, and comment it seems (but I kind of don't want to anymore, because the cursor sometimes jumps around and I write over the stuff that took forever to type, and CTRL+Z does not work and it's lost forever. Very frustrating. And it looks like the lack of cookies may have made my account look like a spam account (and it was hard to see the verification things on the screen because of the reduced resolution.)

      As for the computer, I'm pretty resigned to the fact I'll have to reinstall Windows. A lot of the programs on it are broken anyway because of some of the "fixes" (glares at System Mechanic.) And reading some of the forums of the people that have the exact same problem... I don't want it to end up not being able to boot up at all, and it looks like more time and trouble than it's worth right now. Just gotta restart from scratch, baby the fresh install, and hope I'll be able to afford a new compy someday with more memory...

      I think I understand that girl... some suggestions might mess up her original vision or she could have been frustrated because she wasn't able to do what the teacher was talking about (it's a terrible feeling when a teacher gives recommendations, but no matter how hard you try to follow the advice, it still doesn't work out, and it's like no progress was made. It's a "Why am I even doing this if I can't improve?!" sort of feeling. D: But after calming down, hope is restored. It was never the professor's fault to begin with since they were trying to help. And I'm sure it's just as frustrating for the teacher when a student is having difficulty applying the teachings. XD)

      Delete